Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meet Books In Brief Reviewer Carla Vastine!


Carla, or "Miss Carla," as she is known to the diaper set, works at the children's checkout desk, advises on board book and picture book purchases, and runs our baby, toddler, early preschool, and family story times.

Hi, Carla! What are your favorite genres and subjects to read about?
At work, I love to read and discover classic and fabulous new picture books for preschool-age children. In my free time, my tastes are pretty similar as far as liking what is classic and fabulous, but on an older level, of course. I'm drawn to classic literature and any new, smart, well-written fiction.

Besides reading, what are your other hobbies and interests?
I love spending time with my family (husband Cole, sons Taylor, 14, and Colin, 13, and our pet fish), traveling, and visiting museums.

To find reviews and recommendations by Carla, simply click on her name in our "Contributors" list on the right, or search for the label "Carla."

No comments:

Post a Comment