Thursday, June 14, 2012

Books in Brief: Robot Zombie Frankenstein!

Robot Zombie Frankenstein!Robot Zombie Frankenstein! by Annette Simon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

And the award for my favorite picture book of the year (yes, I know it's still only June) goes to... Robot Zombie Frankenstein! I just brought it into my library and made at least four of my co-workers stop what they were doing to read it.

The plot, in haiku format:

Two robots are friends
Costume contest escalates
Pie for everyone!

Seriously, treat yourself. Given its simplicity, the story is surprisingly complete, and the art is just delightful. (Added educational bonus: the robots and their costumes are comprised mainly of basic shapes in bright colors, so it could also be used as a teaching tool.)

I'm really looking forward to using this one in storytime!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment