Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Fest Friday!

I made my first apple pie of the season. I brought my socks and sweaters out of hibernation. I track dead leaves into my house every time I walk through the front door. The weather has finally turned. By my clock, it's autumn.


And what better way to celebrate the season than to join us Friday at the library for fall-themed activities?

Exactly! None! No better way!

In addition to our regularly scheduled morning preschool storytimes, we'll be doing crafts, writing songs, and baking pies. No registration is required; here's the schedule of events:

10am-2pm: Pumpkin Painting. BYOP (bring your own pumpkin) to the library and we'll provide painting supplies and snacks. (Ages 6 & up)

10-10:30am: Music with Miss Joy (Ages 3&4)

10:30-11am: Autumn Observation Journals. Record the changes of nature during this pretty time of year. (Ages 6-9)

11:30-11:45am: Autumn-inspired bookmarks. Use fallen leaves to create a beautiful craft! (Ages 2-5)

11:30am-1pm: Songwriting workshop. Invent tunes for popular rhymes and poetry about fall. (Ages 6-9)

Noon-2pm: Pumpkin Pie Bake-off. Bring your A-game and your apron. (Ages 9-12)


Want more information? Contact us at 610-688-7092, ext 210.

Want to print out your very own flyer? Of course you do.

Photo courtesy of Valerie Everett via Creative Commons License 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment