Thursday, October 21, 2010

Road Trip Thursday - Day Five

It was bound to happen eventually. I lost my voice.

Yup, the autumn ick has swept through the library staff, and I am its most recent victim. Still, I wasn't going to let a little thing like not being able to talk get in the way of our trip to Chicago, now was I?

We started off with some deep dish pizza, and went straight into Famous Residents of Illinois Pictionary - a great game for the artsy and vocally challenged. (Well, the vocally challenged, anyway. Artsy, I am not.) I had barely finished the top hat before our car collectively shouted "Lincoln!" I wasn't nearly as handy with Walt Disney, but my Michael Jordan got at least one guess.

Next we read about the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 and how it burned down an enormous portion the city. (We = not me; thanks to everyone who helped out by reading a section aloud.)

Finally, we looked at our trusty atlas and mapped out the rest of our trip - next stop Missouri, and then on to Tennessee, Alabama, and finally, Florida.

See you there.

Public domain photo via Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment