Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Have Ants in My Pants and I Just Want to...

Dance?
Wiggle?
Explore?
Toddle?

All of the above! The question I am most asked in my role as story teller for our youngest patrons is, "Is it ok if my 2 year old (1 year old, 3 year old...) doesn't sit still in story time?" Fear not. Your mover and shaker is moving, shaking, and absorbing in their own way. My stories, songs, and rhymes are part of their adventure. Their experience should be positive, age appropriate, and fun. Your child's life-long love of books, reading, and the library can flourish here at Tredyffrin Library's Children's Department. Even with this live/let live vibe, a loose order generally prevails in my story times, creating a positive learning experience for all.

So, let's dance!
AND, let's read!

Carla Vastine

No comments:

Post a Comment