Friday, September 17, 2010

Meet Joy!

The Tredyffrin Library Children's Department is happy to introduce our very newest staff member - Miss Joy!

Miss Joy will be conducting two of our storytimes on Monday mornings - Wee Ones and Family Storytime. As you may know, Wee Ones is for babies up to 15 months and their caregivers, and Family Storytime is a mixed-age storytime for children 5 and under and their caregivers. There is no registration required for either of these programs - just walk right in!

I was able to catch up with Miss Joy today and ask her a few questions about life, literature, and lunch. Here's the low-down:

So tell me a little bit about your background.

I've been teaching piano for over ten years, I've been teaching pre-school music for as long as I've been a mom. (Almost as long. Pretty close.) And I've been reading voraciously since I was... since I learned how.

What are some of your favorite children's books or authors?


I like Oliver Jeffers - I love his stuff. Lucy Cousins, the Maisy books. David Weisner, LOVE his art. Maurice Sendak - big fan. I could go on and on if I were browsing the stacks...

You play several instruments, do you not?

Sure do! I play the piano, guitar, ukulele, and sing. And I'm a big fan of the shaker eggs and the rhythm sticks.

Finally, if you could take a famous person (living or dead) to lunch, who would you pick and why?

I would probably go out to lunch with Mozart, because he seems like he would be as fun as all of his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment