Friday, April 6, 2012
Books In Brief: Children Make Terrible Pets
The name of the book being recommended: Children Make Terrible Pets by Peter Brown
Please give us five reasons why this book is awesome:
1. Answers the important question, "Do children make good pets?" You'll have to read it all the way through to find out!
2. Has a cool graphic novel/picture book hybrid format; aka, a picture book with speech balloons.
3. The role-reversal story line has humor that appeals to both kids and adults.
4. The pencil-drawn artwork and design are excellent and innovative, using wood and construction paper.
5. The cliffhanger ending will make you wonder if elephants make good pets. Fortunately, there's a sequel called You Will be My Friend!.
How can I find this book in the library? It can be found in the Children's Department under the call number jE BRO.