Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Books in Brief: Twice Upon A Time

Rapunzel, The One with all the Hair (Twice Upon a Time Series #1)Rapunzel, The One with all the Hair by Wendy Mass

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was prepared to not like this book. I don't know why - I love fairy tales and I really enjoy Wendy Mass. Perhaps I am too suspicious of pink. I can't know.

But I thought the story was well told, with chapters alternating from Rapunzel's point of view to the prince's. The language is a nice mix of fairytale and realistic teen-speak. (For example: "Father does not like being disobeyed. It's a king thing.")

I didn't quite understand why Rapunzel's hair was enchanted to grow in the first place, but I was willing to overlook that for a clever and non-thorny blinding of the prince.

Bottom line: A nice take on an old favorite. I've already got the next book in the series lined up!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment