Thursday, April 12, 2012

Books In Brief: I Want My Hat Back


Reviewer: Travis

The name of the book being recommended: I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

Please give us five reasons why this book is awesome:

1.
This book pushes picture book storytelling to a new level of absurdity.

2. A bear has lost his hat and goes around asking the animals if they have seen it. They all say no, and he gives up in despair. But wait! What if he HAS seen it?

3. The text is spare and haiku-like, but with an implication of deadpan humor.

4. The drawings are likewise minimalistic, with a blank background and a style that seems like an ironic response to Eric Carle.

5. This book will appeal to people who are tired of didactic children's books. There is no way you will learn any important lessons here. But it's funny!

Where can I find this book in the library? It can be found in the Children's Department under the call number jE KLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment