Tuesday, April 10, 2012

James Kennedy, Part Two: Feivel Goes West

Since...

A) It's past my bedtime, and
B) Paragraphs intimidate me at this hour,

I am forced to tell you about James Kennedy's visit to Tredyffrin Library as a series of lists. Here goes...

The actual program:

1. Mr. Kennedy opened by telling the funniest story I have ever heard about being bad at one's job. I can't recreate it, but I will say that an escaped snake was involved.

2. Next were two very animated readings from his novel The Order of Odd Fish, which Tredyffrin Library owns and which Mr. Kennedy was good enough to autograph.

3. Finally, we screened several 90-Second Newbery films, including our own - a 2 minute adaptation of Louis Sachar's Holes.

And now for the backstage pass - otherwise known as, best dinner break ever:

i. James Kennedy taught me how Norwegians toast each other. There's a lot of staring, and it's best done with beverages that don't have straws.

ii. Thanks to James Kennedy, I now know amazing stuff about children's authors, including how Roald Dahl was a spy and invented a brain pump. Yes, you read that right - a BRAIN PUMP.

And that's all the news that's fit to print. Thanks again to everyone who came out tonight, and especially to James Kennedy. Check out more photos on the library's Facebook page!

Photo by Beverly Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment