Thursday, September 13, 2012

Books in Brief: Revenge of the Whale

Revenge Of The Whale: The True Story Of The Whaleship Essex, Adapted For Young People From In The Heart Of The SeaRevenge Of The Whale: The True Story Of The Whaleship Essex, Adapted For Young People From In The Heart Of The Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I could not put this down, even though I had to, because I needed to eat meals and work. (Though I felt bad about the eating, since the sailors of the Essex spent much of the book starving.)

Adapted from the author's own award-winning tale for adults, this is the riveting story of a 19th century whaling crew attacked and shipwrecked by a large sperm whale in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - and how at least some of them lived to tell the tale.

Recommended for ages 10 and older. Not for the faint of heart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment