Thursday, September 27, 2012
Books In Brief: Scaredy Squirrel
The name of the book being recommended: the Scaredy Squirrel series by Melanie Watt
Please give us five reasons why this series is awesome:
1. Perfect for reading aloud (ages 4+) or alone (ages 6-8).
2. Bright, adorable, clear, graphics-style illustrations.
3. HILARIOUS stories. Truly, you and your audience will be laughing out loud.
4. Scaredy Squirrel is so overly safe and cautious and scared of anything outside his normal routine that he has a convoluted master plan for every occurrence...or so he thinks...
5. Cleverly portrays the fears that many children have about unfamiliar things, people, and situations, and presents solutions that are practical and very, very funny.
How can I find these books in the library? These can be found in the Children's Department, in picture book fiction, under the call number jE WAT. Titles in the series so far are: Scaredy Squirrel; Scaredy Squirrel at Night; Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach; Scaredy Squirrel has a Birthday Party; Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend, and Scaredy Squirrel Prepares for Christmas.